I hope all families had a great two weeks off and that you were able to relax, have some fun, and get some school work in (I just had to say it). I am sending this out to remind and inform you on some housekeeping items in Room 402 for the start of the second quarter.
- As Camarena wants to go paperless, so do I. I am excited to try communicating through text messages. I will do this for quick reminders such as field trips, volunteer help, needed supplies etc. Here is how it works. All you need is to send a simple text message and you will automatically be subscribed to my Remind 101 account
- Send a text to 619-866-4996 with the message @misslesi
- You will then be subscribed and will be setup to receive reminders from Miss Lesiak. Simple as that!
- The Kindergarten teachers have not had enough time to collect homework on Fridays, provide constructive feedback, and send it back out that afternoon. To help this, we are asking that you provide another spiral journal for your child. This will let us collect a journal, and have a week to properly check it and give feedback. Please send in a spiral journal with your child’s name on it as soon as possible.
- Our first Study Trip to the Pumpkin Patch is coming up! Information will follow shortly.
- I see that some of the students were READING ROCKSTARS on Raz-Kids this break. Don’t forget to sign up, if you have not already. Raz-kids.com
- Login: clesiak
- Not that I want to confuse you with any more technology, but I completed my homework over the break and created a blog just for our class. I decided to create one aside from the Camarena Kinders one to make it more personable with pictures from our classroom, news specific to our classroom, products the students create, links such as Raz-Kids, etc. You may choose to follow both the Camarena Kinders blog and Miss Lesiak’s Blog if you choose, but I will include all of the information that is communicated on the Kindergarten blog. It is still a work in progress and I will be updating it shortly (my homework for this weekend).
Let’s have a great second quarter. Feel free to email me with any questions in regards to these items.
Thanks, Miss Lesiak 🙂