See the Google Doc below to sign up to bring an item for our last day of school FUN!! Somehow we are already on the 10 day countdown! I can’t wait to celebrate all of the accomplishments these children have made in the past year. WOW is all I can say!
Demchuk Picnic Signup
We are so excited to explore the zoo tomorrow! We have learned so much about animals this year. Now we can put our knowledge to the test!
- Arrive at school at 8:15 am (Dismissal will be at 2:30 pm, usual time)
- Wear tennis shoes, a sweatshirt, and comfortable clothing for walking.
- Bring a water bottle and a snack (put snack in your lunch bag)
- Students DO NOT need money (no extra activities or food can be bought).
- Bring a sack lunch (with your name on the bag)
- I will be getting a school lunch for the following students that signed up for one: Yousif, Damien, Maya, Daylen and Paola. The lunch consists of a sun-butter sandwich, carrots, chips, and milk. If your child will not like this, please opt to bring a sack lunch tomorrow, although their lunch card will already be charged, as we had to turn this paperwork in to the cafeteria ladies last week. It is a long day without food.
- Feel free to meet at school with the kids at 8:15 to get some papers, help with bathroom breaks, collect lunches and get any questions answered.
- Parents must drive and/or carpool, there is no room on the bus for adults. We will all enter at the zoo together so find our class while we wait for our tickets.
- Bring a backpack to hold lunches, water bottles, and sweatshirts for your buddy group.
- Complete assignment with your group. (I will provide pencils, a clipboard and the paper)
- We will leave the zoo at approximately 1:30 pm. Students will return on bus. You may check your child out at the zoo with me. You will need to fill out paperwork with me at the end of the field trip, but note that it will be marked as an unexcused absence.
Thank you for all of the interests in attending the Zoo with our class on May 16th. The zoo allows each class to have 4 adults (including teachers) in for free, and 4 additional parents in for the price of $10. Any extra parents will have to pay full price. Parents that have a zoo pass or military ID, just need to bring their pass on that day. Due to the GREAT amount of volunteers, I had to do a volunteer lottery (I wish we could all go for free). The kids and I chose names out of a bucket and these were the results…
Zoo Passes/Military ID (free)
- Ronin Major
- Emma Stevens
- Ian De Los Reyes
Free of Charge
- Nathan Decastro
- Damien Bracamonte
- Daylen Sadia
- Chloe Yang
- Paola Villegas
- Kaliyah Davies Moore
- Joe Santos
- Maya Shehee
*Please remember that only 1 adult per child is to attend this trip as it is a study trip.
Parents can pay the $10 to me as soon as they can. On the Tuesday morning of the field trip, parents can show up to the classroom at 8:15 to get more information, collect lunches and help with bathroom procedures before the bus. Again, parents can not fit on the bus, but may carpool to the zoo. I will be out of town from Thursday, May 11th – Monday, May 15th, so if you have any questions, please try to address them prior to Thursday.
🙂 Mrs. Demchuk